A SOPHISTICATED DESIGN
The sculptured modeling made by the flowing lines offers generous volumes and increases the stiffness. On board the 46, design and function are one.
CENTRED RIGGING: SIMPLY GREAT!
As on all of our new-generation catamarans, the 46’s centred rigging comes directly from VPLP design’s research and its more than 30 years’ experience at the peak of multihull ocean racing.
– Bringing the mast further aft reduces the length of the boom, increases the mainsail aspect ratio and thus its efficiency.
– The foretriangle incorporates a jib for sailing to windward as well as several downwind sails.
– Centring the masses limits pitching and eases the boat’s motion.
– The reduced size of the boom facilitates handling.
– The large jib sail is self-tacking, so there is no need to touch anything when taking!